1. Despite being "Laridian" for fifteen years or so now, it took me a long time to warm up to having a seagull as my symbol. (I don't call it a spirit animal.)
2. I love creating. Writing is one of those "can do anywhere" things, but I love writing, quilting, crafting, anything creative... if I didn't have that outlet I would be a lot worse off. I need it as much as I need food.
3. I am generally the weird parent because of non sequiters and riffs and so on. (I think my kids wish I could stick to just the dumb "dad jokes")
4. I didn't learn to drive until I was 20ish. Too scared.
5. Not a cat person.
6. Not especially a dog person either.
7. I have never suffered fools gladly and my time in tech support only sharpened that edge.
8. I hate wearing glasses and have ever since it was discovered I need corrective lenses.
9. I love visiting roadside/tourist trap type places. A big goal is to someday make it to the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota. (Feel free to send me postcards from such places, too)
10. Grunkle Stan is way better than Uncle Ford any day of the week and I stand by that unpopular opinion
11. With a few exceptions (Hobbit/LOTR movies) I don't like "high fantasy" books/movies/games. I used to love D&D type high fantasy, then one day the switch flipped and I can't stand it ever since.
12. I used to read sci-fi and time travel romance novels for the plot (yes, they had them), skipping the smutty scenes.
This entry was originally posted at https://laridian.dreamwidth.org/2880277.html. Please comment there using OpenID.