2. Really cheap Christmas/holiday gift I'd appreciate: If you've bought/read my book, Sands of Ice, it would be cool if you went to Amazon.com and left me nice feedback about it. ^_^ If you haven't yet bought/read my book, I still have copies available at about 2/3 the Amazon price ($19 before shipping!) and I'll sign & dedicate a copy however you like if you buy one. [/plug]
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Okay, so, Ten Holiday wishes...
1. Fanart of any of my characters (Androsynth, CoH, whatever). Yeah, I'm an attention whore and a feedback whore. You know you're all needy-weird when you want other people to love your stuff so much that they'll do fanart or fanfic of your stuff.
2. A decent copy of the Ask Dr. Science National Science Test. I looked a couple months back and it's still not available anywhere on video or DVD. I taped my copy back in the mid-1980s off PBS, so it's been a looooong time. It's hilarious, I love it, and I've never been able to find it again. It'd be nice to have a newer copy.
3. A bigger house, so the kids can each have their own room and Toly and I can have a room to sleep in again.
4. A Cid Highwind costume for myself, or, alternately, contact information on how to get one made. I wants one.
5. More time. Short of breaking the laws of physics or something similar, this one is probably harder than the house.
6. AU fics of favorite fandoms. Modern-day Monkey Island. City of Heroes in space. Postwar Final Fantasy VI. Whatever – I'm a sucker for AU fics.
7. Alternately, fics of the lonely little fandoms nobody cares about, like Angst Technology or Weak-End Warriors or Schlock Mercenary or Runaway: A Road Adventure or Mystery Science Theater 3000 (an actual fic about the MST3K characters, not someone else's fic that got MSTied).
8. The ability to stop rambling on about myself, particularly in other people's LJs.
10. Ways to find the following people whom I've lost touch with: Dr. Naomi Rogers, Samantha Georgette Cox, Suzanne ("Suzy") Rezelman (maiden name – I know she's gotten married but I don't know what her name turned into). Dr. Rogers was my favorite teacher in college, but AFAIK she no longer works there; she moved recently and Toly threw out last year's Xmas card envelope with her new address, and I can't find her now. Last I knew, she lived in New England somewhere, she's married with 2 kids. Samantha was my best friend in high school senior year; I'm on Classmates.com but she's never appeared there. Last I knew, her family moved to Georgia in about 1989-1990 timeframe. Samantha is named after her father, Samuel George Cox. Suzy was my best friend in high school junior year even though we went to different schools. Last I knew, she had attended Agnes Scott college in the 1989-1990 timeframe, but I don't know if she graduated; I do know she got married at one point, but know nothing about her husband or life since then. I'd like to re-contact these people, but I'm getting nowhere by searching for free on the Internet. Any help would be appreciated.
My contact info can be got via email@example.com